Social media and boldness. Yes, they absolutely go together. You cannot have one without the other. If you want your business to be successful on social media, you have to start being bold. I know this might scare you, but it's time to let it go. Would you rather have a successful business or be worried that you are being too bold? I think the answer is quite easy.
Being bold doesn't mean that you are rude. It also doesn't mean that you spam everyone until they no longer can stand the thought of you you. It's simple. You just put yourself out there. Here are five ways you can be bold without going overboard.
1. Promote Yourself! There are easy ways to do this. You can simply let people know what your services are. "I sell a high quality product or a very helpful service". Just be bold and declare it. People are not mind readers. You have to tell them what it is that you do.
2. Offer Tips! There are certain secrets and fun facts that only you will know about your industry. Share them. Sneak out helpful little pieces of information. This will not harm your business. Being bold will let people know that you are one smart cookie. Everyone wants to work with smart cookies.
3. Follow the 80/20 Rule! Here's where being too bold can come into place. If you are only selling people will be turned off. I like to keep it 80/20. I only let people know what I do about 20% of the time. The rest of the time, I offer my knowledge and fun facts to the world. Being bold doesn't have to happen everyday.
4. Show Your Personality! I think this makes people the most nervous. The talk vaguely in their posts and they are afraid to show their true personality. Don't hold it in. Use words that you use in real life. Be the real you. It can be scary and you might feel like you are exposing yourself, but it will be worth it. You personality is infused into every aspect of your business. It needs to show up in your social media feeds as well. This bold move will always pay off. People want to see the real you.
5. Have An Opt-In! Having an opt-in or a call to action is something almost every post should have. It can be as simple as asking a question. My favorite opt-in is asking people to sign up for your email list. Now this is bold, but effective. If you don't ask people to do it, they simply are not going to. As long as you keep in mind the 80/20 rule, it is not spammy. It is just a bold move to improve your business and brand.
Being bold on social media doesn't have to be overwhelming or make you feel like hiding forever. It is simply deciding that you are going to stand out on social media. It will make your brand recognizable and unique to you. Be bold and see what great things come from it! I dare you!
Thanks for stopping by! While you are here, sign up for my weekly newsletter on the right. You get instant access to my free downloads! More are added all the time. Thanks for being a rock star!