What make a person brave? Usually when we think of a brave individual, it’s someone who has a sword or a cape and is running around saving a princess from some doomed fate. Or maybe it’s someone who rescued stray cats from a burning house.
Answer this, when you think of a brave person would you think of you or me?
A few months ago if you had asked me if I was brave I would have laughed and said no. I was everything but brave. At the time, I was stuck in a job that looked great on paper but was a nightmare, everyone around me was doing the things I dreamt of and I was certain there was nothing I could do to change my reality.
And then one day I snapped. I remember calling my boss and telling him I was done.
At that time I swore I was stupid; today, I think that was my ﬁrst step towards Business Bravery.
Business Bravery isn’t easy but here’s 5 things you can do to amp up your bravado for your business right now:
1. Be honest with yourself - sometimes we’re lying to ourselves about a situation we’re in and that’s not helping our efforts. Honesty with yourself helps you to be a better business person.
2. Face one fear - don’t overwhelm yourself by trying to tackle every scary thing on your list. One issue at a time and face it with a clear mind.
3. Conﬁde in a friend - ﬁnd someone to share your struggles with who you feel will listen and give good advice. You want someone who will not judge your or what you’re going through.
4. Do something new - once a month try to do something new for your business that you haven’t done before. It could be hiring an assistant, adding more to your schedule or even slotting in a break for yourself
5. Own your entrepreneurship - Just like I’m starting to own mine, you should own yours. A lot of business owners feel they aren’t legit or they’re not doing it right. We are.
Have you been brave in your business recently? I’d love to know how, be sure to sure below!